therapeutic massage with a difference
Book your appointment by phone at 478.918.5933 or use our
Email Appointment System.
2484 Ingleside Ave., Bldg B. Suite 201B, Macon, GA 31204
You may have some of the same questions frequently asked members of the
Holistic Touch family. We hope the answers are informative.
- Where will my massage or bodywork session take place?
- Your massage or bodywork session will take place in a warm,
comfortable, private room. Soft music may be played to help you
- Who will perform the massage or bodywork?
- A professional therapist who has been trained in a variety of
techniques will conduct your session. All of our massage and
bodywork therapists are licensed by the state of Georgia.
Although no two massages are exactly alike, you may
request a certain technique.
- Must I be completely undressed?
- Most massage and bodywork techniques are traditionally
performed with the client unclothed; however, you may decide what
amount of clothing you prefer to wear for your own comfort.
Flexible clothing is recommended for stretch therapy. You
will be properly covered or draped during the session.
- Will the therapist be present when I disrobe?
- The therapist will leave the room before you undress and
gently knock on the door to make sure you are ready before
- Will I be covered during the session?
- You will be properly draped at all times to keep you warm
and comfortable. Only the area being worked will be exposed.
- What parts of my body will be massaged?
- You and the therapist will discuss the desired outcome of
your session. This will determine which parts of your body
require massage. A typical full-body session will include work
on your back, arms, legs, feet, hands, head, neck and shoulders.
You will not be touched on or near your genitals or breasts.
- Will lubricant be used?
- A light oil or lotion may be used to permit your muscles to
be worked on without causing excessive friction to the skin.
The lubricants used should hydrate the skin and be readily
- What will the massage or bodywork feel like?
- It depends on the techniques used. In a general Swedish
massage, your session may start with broad, flowing strokes, which
will help to calm your nervous system and relax exterior muscle
tension. As your body becomes relaxed, pressure will gradually be
increased to relax specific areas and relieve areas of muscular
tension. You should communicate immediately if you feel any
discomfort so that another approach may be taken. Massage and
bodywork are most effective when your body is not resisting.
- Are there different kinds of massage and bodywork?
- There are numerous types of massage and bodywork. Feel free
to discuss with your therapist the methods he or she uses.
- How long will the session last?
- The average full-body massage or bodywork session lasts
approximately one hour. A half-hour appointment only allows time
for a partial massage session, such as neck and shoulders, back
or legs and feet. Many people prefer a 60-to-90 minute session
for optimal relaxation. Always allow relaxation time prior to
and after the session.
- What should I do during the massage or bodywork session?
- Make yourself comfortable. The therapist will either gently
move you or tell you when rolling over is needed. Many people
just close their eyes and completely relax. Others like to talk
during their session. Feel free to ask the therapist questions
about massage and bodywork in general or about the particular
techniques you are receiving.
Back to Top
© copyright 2007- by Holistic Touch